Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunny Days Not always necessary,

Sunny days often give photographers a tinge of excitement. The bright light and good contrasts are great on a sunny day. Except. As I pointed out in an earlier blog, that flowers are often best photographed on cloudy or with out direct sunlight. Or as in the picture below.

This was taken in St. Louis Missouri, at an old church. The contrast is smooth not a distinctive as on a sunny day, the tones are solid as well. The day was overcast and just before a rain shower. I was frustrated because I had made the trip (120 miles) and it was overcast. On that trip I got this picture, one of my favorites. It was shot with available light. Thank goodness for image stabilization. So go out into the overcast day. You never know what you may find. Sometimes overcast is a good time to shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment